The ELENA® type II longitudinal seam welder (bench type seam welder) is a universal machine for all electric arc welding methods with or without wire. Well over 300 of these machines have been built so far and ongoing further development guarantees a mature machine concept.
Depending on machine model and welding fittings, welding of metal thicknesses from 0.15 mm to 10 mm is possible.
Standard series with maximum welding length from 600 – 4100 mm.
ELENA® II longitudinal seam welders are characterised by:
- self-adjusting, individual clamping fingers with a point bearing.
- pneumatic clamping motion (separate at front and rear).
- clamping cycle with intermediate clamping stage for fast, gap-free insertion of thin material with no overlap.
- cooled welding underlay bar / backing bar, simple-to-replace, design according to welding task e.g. geometry, groove form, root shielding gas, material etc.
- automatic mandrel latch.
- constant light arc length due to special carriage.
- ergonomically designed control unit.
- user-friendly Siemens machine control with touchscreen.
- highest quality machine components (Festo, SMC, Siemens, Franke, IGUS...).
- robust, welded machine body suitable for transportation by forklift or crane.
- comprehensive instruction manual.
- execution and documentation as per 2006/42/EC Machine Directive.
Versatile range of options and special solutions available
- Insertion aids
- Various types of feet
- Stepped mandrel for small pipe diameters
- Height adjustment, height adapter
- Cold wire, dual torch setup with TIG and MAG, oscillation, AVC...
- and much more besides
- Longitudinal seam welding of pipes and tubes, sheets, strips, special parts...
- Chimney systems, ventilation systems, ducts
- Automotive exhaust gas systems, metal bellows, steering elements
- Air and space travel
- Filter pipes, sieves, wire gauze
- Kitchen and household appliances, interior linings, washing drums, honey extractors...
- Housings for electric motors, immersion pumps, stator housings
- Tank section and tank construction
- Welding of coil ends in punching lanes
Ferritic steel, austenitic steel and duplex steel, aluminium, copper, nickel superalloys...
- Metal thickness: 0.15 – 10 mm (depending on fittings)
- Welding methods: TIG, MIG/MAG, plasma, microplasma
Technical data for ELENA® II standard series
|ELENA® standard series 1||600-II||1100-II||1300-II||1600-II||2100-II||2600-II||3100-II||4100-II|
|Weldable pipe Ø||Min. [mm]||50||80||100||120||190||200||220||320|
|Max. [mm]||800 2||800 2||800 2||800 2||800 2||800 2||800 2||800 2|
|Weldable metal thickness||Min. [mm]||0,2||0,2||0,2||0,3||0,5||0,5||0,5||0,5|
|Reinforced clamping system||Max. [mm]||10,0||10,0||10,0||10,0||10,0||10,0||10,0||10,0|
|Notes||1 Intermediate non-standard sizes available as special machines.|
|2 With standard machine bodies max. pipe diameter is 800 mm. Extra high machine body for greater diameter available as option.|